We are so excited about the New Hope Life Center and the many things God will be doing in and through the Life Center. Please continue to pray that God continues to show us HIS vision for the Life Center and we listen and obey!
Some things have already been in the works for the Life Center and many of them start at the beginning of JUNE. Here's a little information about what will be available to our church and the community through the Life Center.
These are just a few of the things already planned for this summer at the Life Center. God is going to use that building and each of us to do great things for our community. My prayer is that YOU will find a way to be a part of what in happening. Take time to pray about how YOU can be a part of it. Then CLICK HERE and let me know HOW you will be a part of it. Will you be someone who participates? Someone who wants to lead? Someone who volunteers? I hope you say YES to all three!
- Weekdays, 11:30am - 12:30pm - the Life Center will be a host site for the Hillsborough County Summer Meals Program for kids under 18. This program ensures the ability for all kids to have at least one healthy, balanced meal daily over the summer. We have the need for volunteers to help staff and run this program. The county requires that each person who works with this program be trained by their staff and we will host a training session at the Life Center for all volunteers. We are looking for volunteers who will be available 11:00am - 1:00 PM as part of this program. Volunteers must be at least HIGH SCHOOL aged.
- Weekdays, 9:30 - 10:30 am - the Life Center Gym will be open for Meet & Walk. We will gather in the gym at 9:30 am for a short devotion and then have the gym open as a walking track in the air conditioning! You can come join us, anyone of any age. We are looking for volunteers to help lead the devotion time. What a great opportunity to be a part of a fresh expression of church!
- Wednesdays all summer, 1:00 - 4:00 PM we will host Wednesday's at the Life Center for kids 2nd grade and older. We have events and activities planned each week over the summer and volunteers are needed, but we really want our church family to join us also for the fun! I have included the dates for Wednesday's at the Life Center. You can also sign your children up by completing the online Summer Programs registration form found on findnewhope.com. Just click on the "SUMMER EVENTS" slider on the main page.
- Open Gym, Wednesday's, 7:30 - 9:00 pm at the Life Center. We wall open the gym up for basketball for anyone who would like to join us. We would love to have volunteers to play and welcome our community in also.
- Thursday Night Basketball Fresh Expression Church - 7:00 - 9:00 PM. Yes, that's right, a church that ends with basketball! Join us for an evening that includes devotion and short discussion time and basketball!
Can't wait to see YOU around the Life Center and I hope I hear from each of you with how you will be involved.
See you soon!
Family Ministry Director
New Hope UMC